ROMA CLUSTER PRAYER REQUESTS FOR FEBRUARY 2013
Pray for the Roma cluster members
- Czech Republic: Boyd and Jennie Hatchel, Joe and Julie Silby
- Romania: Bob and Gayle Hill, Daniel Byrd
- Italy: Tim Marza
- Serbia: Karen Blackburn, Chris and Andrea Malinowski
- Bulgaria: Cheryl Argabright; Cameron and Jennifer Phillips
- USA: Lisa Kail – administrative assistant in TN
“I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.” (John 17:15-17)
Pray for special personal requests among the members
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
Pray for special February events
- Joe and Julie – 1st – Our son, Ryan, is going to have surgery on Friday, February 1st. Please pray that there will be no complications, the doctor will be perfect and that Ryan will heal quickly.
- 18th – Happy Birthday Chris!
- Bob and Gayle – 20th -22nd – Pray for us as we travel this month to Serbia to visit with the Malinowski’s. Pray for good travelling weather and for a blessed time as we get to know this family better and share our hearts and our calling for the Roma.
- 21st – Happy Birthday Micah! (son of Cameron and Jennifer)
- 24th – Happy Birthday Boyd!
“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” (John 15:7)
Other requests for ongoing and new projects
“If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:14)
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE FOLLOWING UNENGAGED ROMANI
Vlach – 4000 (Italy)
Balkan – 5100 (Italy)
Vlach – 4100 (United Kingdom)
Boyd and Jennie Hatchel
- PRAISE – We are now getting settled in our new location. We’re grateful for a good moving company and SUPER flexible kids who endured a wild week as we shifted homes mid-Semester. We’re thankful to colleagues and friends who provided meals, temporary beds, and went out of their way to be helpful.
- PRAISE – Two leaders have expressed an interest in discipleship training in Kladno: Martin and Misou. Boyd will be working with these men on a weekly basis for Bible study and co-leading the emerging group in their neighborhood.
- PRAISE – Five people have expressed an interest in being baptized in Kladno. We’re thankful for the work of the Holy Spirit which is drawing these men and women to Himself. We’ll plan to have the baptism in the area, once the weather clears up, maybe toward Easter.
- PRAISE – Boyd was able to speak about missions to a local youth gathering. Students learned about God’s plan and their role in global redemption. For many, it was the first time they had ever considered the Roma/Gypsy people to be a mission field.
- PRAYER – Please continue to pray for strong health during the long winter months.
- PRAYER – Pray for new places to start Bible studies in the homes of nearby relatives of those from Kladno.
Joe and Julie Silby
- PRAYER – Please pray as our family continues to recover from illness.
- PRAYER – Please pray that we would find a house or apartment in Prague soon.
- PRAYER – Please pray for Prince, an African in Prague that Joe met at dinner one night. He would like to meet with Joe when we move to Prague in March and get to know us better. He saw Joe and some others pray over the meal and wants to talk about God. He is a Christian already, but Joe believes that this is a divine appointment.
- PRAYER – Please pray for the Romany church in Brno as they transition from Joe to P (Czech) in their leadership. It has been discouraging for P as a few sisters have stated that they do not wish to work with P after we move to Prague. Please pray for peace and unity in the body.
Bob and Gayle Hill
- PRAYER – Pray for Gayle’s English class in Lanurile to get back on track and for the children to continue to come and hear Bible stories as they learn English.
- PRAYER – Pray for the children’s programs in Spiru Haret and Bertesti as they resume after a holiday/winter break.
- PRAYER – Pray for Bob as he works with Roma leaders, training them and preparing for summer projects while we are on STAS later this year.
- PRAYER – Please pray as I continue to struggle with 1 pastor here in this area. He has said some things about me that are not true. I am not sure what I have done to him, but I plan to go and face him and ask him for forgiveness if I have done anything to him or others. I believe again this is an attack, because God is doing some great things among the youth. As I continue to read over and over in Peter I have come to the conclusion that he is not just talking about our enemies being unbelievers.
- PRAYER – Pray for a family wanting to come here to serve, they will be coming in March to stay with me for a period of time; as they are in the process of coming full time. They are not coming through the board as they have youth in their family. Please pray if this is God’s will we can work together reaching more effectively the Roma.
- PRAYER – Please pray for my health – I fell down for the 3rd time as we have had lots of ice and the doctor said that I have bruised my tail bone very badly. He told me just to move very slowly and take it easy for a while. Please pray that I will heal quickly. I can still do ministry work but am limited in standing and sitting for periods of time.
- PRAYER – Please pray for a pastor’s conference coming up in the early spring. Pray that the Roma pastor’s from my area will attend with me and that we can join together in understanding scripture more clearly. Pray that the 4 I work with will be open to go and open to listen.
Tim Marza (STAS)
- PRAYER – Pray for Stefan, the national pastor who is helping with Roma work in one of the villages – he recently had major surgery. Thankfully he seems to be recovering well. Pray for his continued healing and that he will be able to return to the village by later in the month.
- PRAISE – Give praise that the young people in the national church are willing to continue work in the village while the national pastor is recuperating from his surgery. Give praise that the children continue to come and are responding to the Bible stories.
- PRAYER – Pray for me as I continue with language study. My mouth and brain are not coordinating well. Pray for my teacher to be patient with me. Pray for my teacher as opportunities arise to share with her.
Chris and Andrea Malinowski
- PRAYER – Pray for Isaiah-he has been sick every other week.
- PRAYER – Wisdom what to with balancing childcare, language learning, and the girl’s school situation.
- PRAYER – Discernment with some of our Roma connections.
Cameron and Jennifer Phillips
- PRAISE AND PRAYER – Praise God for a wonderful time during the holidays and a visit from Jennifer’s mom. Pray for the opportunities that have recently opened up to us amongst working with Roma. Especially for blessing and guidance with new relationship Cameron has begun with a Christian Roma named Mishal who speaks Romani, Bulgarian and English, a member of First Baptist Sofia and desires to work alongside Cameron mentoring Mladin (Roma Christian who wants to be a pastor and lives in a field in Sofia) and Mishal is also excited to work outside of Sofia with Cameron looking for new work. This is an exciting contact and we look forward to seeing where God will take this relationship.
- PRAYER – Please pray for open doors for evangelism during our prayer walking time and for God to continue to lead us to potential new work in Sofia. We continue to maintain relationships with the Roma in the field, especially the children but are looking for groups who are living in Sofia permanently so that discipleship can be more consistent.
- PRAYER – Please be praying for my language teacher V as we work our way through the N.T. Bible stories. Pray that God will help her apply His truths to her life; that she can leave the superstitions behind and trust in God’s redeeming love through His Son alone. Pray for me as I continue to learn the language and at the same time try to answer questions for V.
- PRAYER – Please pray for the continuing work with the children, pray that their hearts will be open and that God will work in their hearts to give understanding of who He is and how much He loves them.
“I do not pray for these alone but also for those who will believe in Me through their word, that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.” (John 17:20-21)